Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer bliss

We are enjoying our summer very much. Naomi's tooth is coming nicely. My prediction is that our little girl will be needing the braces when she is a little older. If you look closely in this pic you can see her tooth :)

As soon as her tooth popped through we got her some toothpaste and we have started on our brushing routines.

On the August long weekend here in Edmonton, there is a Heritage festival held, and we headed down to Hawrelak Park. We got ourselves some riisi pirakka from the Finnish booth (which was my favorite part, I won't lie.) Outside of the Scandinavian booth they always have a viking ship. So we had to get a picture of Naomi and Aric being attacked by the viking.

Nordic carving.

Braving the crowds.

Ok so i just had to share some of these pictures because Naomi is just so darn cute and photogenic.

So Chelsea, Daniel and the kids have officially moved back to Edmonton. We took the 2 older kids one afternoon so that they could get some quality unpacking and setting up done. This is what ensued... Naomi's favorite playground.

Again just toooooo cute!

Mom... which one should I use? I'm just confused.

She just loves to relax with the headphones. She was pretty happy just laying there listening.

So one day Naomi was resisting pretty hard her nap time. She cried for probably about half an hour before she fell asleep. She kept sleeping and we needed to go out so I had to wake her up. I opened the door and found her on all 4's "asleep".
I was surprised that the flash had not woken her up. So I decided to take a front photo of her face. When I took the photo I noticed that her eyes were open. She looked so sad it about crushed me.

Aric had a wrestling match with Naomi on our bed and I think she got him pinned pretty good.
We took Chelsea and the kids to the splash park we went to with Aric's school. Benson and Kimber loved it!!! Naomi and McKay had their moments of joy and not so much joyous moments.

Naomi and Aric enjoying the water.

I really don't know if this is a good face or a bad face.
(Check out the booger coming from her nose)

Kimber enjoying the water too

McKay playing in the trough

Chelsea and Benson looking so intense


Peek-a-boo!

Aric decided that dress Naomi in one of his shirts

So we decided to give Naomi her first pig tails. They ended up looking more like devil horns... but she made them so adorable

Well Aric is officially employed. He went and signed his contract on Monday, and now we can just wait the paycheck. He has been in a few days to the new school to set up his class room, and get some things in order for him. We have gone and Naomi loves the new room. She was all over the place, exploring all the nooks and crannies. Getting into all the cupboards the cubby holes. I'm sure we will have fun going to visit daddy at work.
Well that is it folks. That is all that we have for you this week. Leave a comment and let me know that this actually be read. Thanks.


4 comments:

  1. Of course it is read! I love it and all the pictures - thanks. I can't believe she will be 1 year old in 2 months! Sure wish I could give here a hug.
    Love Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been read! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun summer you are having! I will need to get some of those pictures from you!

    ReplyDelete